Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow Day!

What's the best thing about Winter?  Getting enough snow to qualify it as a snow day! Winter and I are not friends.  But, I can appreciate a good snow day. 
Besides a lot of shoveling and staying in my pajamas all day, I did get some work done.
My youngest boys' room had a little construction in it recently, thanks to my husband and Pinterest. It was just waiting for a coat of paint. 
I actually had the forethought to buy the paint the day before the snow came in, and the lady at the paint counter said that they had sold a lot of paint that day.  Guess other people had the same idea.  If you are going to be stuck inside all day, might as well do something productive. 
Don't worry though, I wasn't too productive. Remember, I stayed in my pj's all day!
 Here's our DIY in process. (the hole in it is to access the plug in)
 I had a little extra motivation and help from Apple radio.  I love that app! Ironically, the song "Summertime Sadness" was playing when I took this picture.  I am missing summer very much and definitely have sadness over it!
 
 And here is the finished product.  The boys love it!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment